Thursday, July 01, 2004

It's the first day of the month! I'm actually finally starting to get myself settled here in DC. I finally signed the lease on a new place with Josh and Collin last week. Funny how I've been holding back on making any kind of commitment until now (almost 3 months since I've officially been transferred back). It's been a big struggle personally and professionally, but I think I'll stick it out for now. I think I just got too confortable living with Tony and sleeping on his couch. I'm really glad to have a friend like him. He's put up with a lot and would most definitely do the same for him. Work on the other hand has been getting me down. Being the office bitch is just not cute. Yes, I get paid a lot more. Yes, I have primo work hours. Yes, it's *cushy* work compared to what I used to do. I just don't see myself doing general admin work my life! I almost quit last month over the fact that I was finding it difficult to complete my move back to DC. Getting paid more AND living in a more expensive city basically evened me out compared to my old situation in Oakland. Top that off with the fact that I received no corporate relocation assistance made it harder. I'm terrible with money and just don't know how to budget. Thank God Collin has a knack for that -- I'm actually sort of on the right road right now. I'd never imagine I could even put up $1200 for an initial payment on our place. I did somehow!!! Oh well - I'm ranting on and on about nothing. What else is new. That's all i do here. It's 6:27pm -- I'm still at work. I gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home