Tuesday, April 06, 2004

okay -- back to work in dc. the next flight is arriving in about 2 hours. once i got off, they had me help immediately on the ramp -- man it was cold!

long distance commuting from california for work most definitely will not work out for me in the longrun. moving back here is still getting me down. i've got to wake up and really think this thing out:

(+)
- hanging out with old buddies again
- being closer to my family (although i don't hardly visit them ever)
- going to familiar places and actually have people know you (i used to be an 'a-lister' at one point in the dc nightlife scene
- being in familiar areas and surroundings
- (hopefully) a new job opportunity in jetblue that would be on a regular schedule with weekends off!

(-)
- moving all of my crap back from california to dc
- 1hr. + commute each way to the airport from dc compared to the 30min. max for bus and rail transfers (the airport is only 4 bart stations away from my apartment)
- $300 dollar rent out of the question
- not being able to cultivate new friendships in the west coast
- more *gay* things to do in california than in dc (not just sex per se, but ... it is in the san francisco bay area!)

if i think any harder, my brain will hurt. i'll put this to rest for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home