Monday, January 26, 2004

another week. another weekend gone by. went to new york city on saturday. since i wasn't able to secure passes on another airline to get to new york, i ended up buying an amtrak ticket for $64. i could've gone for free on jetblue of course, but i just couldn't justify flight down to orlando to get to new york from boston justifiable. i could, however, fly down from new york to orlando to get to boston today, though. hmm. i figure, since new york is already south of boston, it wouldn't be as bad to double track the whole thing. whatever. i'm back ... after 7+ hours of flying and waiting around in an airport.

new york was fun tho. went out shopping in soho and hung out with glen, jay, and jayme at the dugout on sunday. it was super cold. i just can't wait for winter to be over with. oh yeah -- glen gave me a burberry pea coat! woo-haa!

flying down on my 2nd leg from orlando to boston really got on my nerves. the flight crew questioned my credentials and the fact that i didn't introduce myself to them correctly as a *non-revenue* passenger. was i jumpseating? did i say hello to the flight crew?? did i have have on my correct identification??? answer 1: NO. i was traveling on my on leisure time taking full advantage of my free flight benefits. answer 2: NO. not at first -- as i boarded, i was given last seating clearance by the local crew and ended up getting on last. the moment i walked on, the #1 flight attendant was busy dealing with an unaccompained minor and the pilot was giving his welcoming spiel all the while we were approaching the scheduled departure time ~~ we were running late. i ended up boarding like normal, going straight to my seat in the LAST row to avoid any unnecessary delays on my part. i did introduce myself to the aft cabin crew and asked them to tell the #1 that i was onboard. for some reason, this cause major / minor scandal. answer #3: YES. about 3 people inspected my id after i walked on board! ugh. anyway -- it's over and this is off my chest. now i can sleep. NOT. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home